The Director of Pharma Business Development will be a key member of Nucleai’s Commercial Team and is responsible for identifying, structuring, and executing partnerships or strategic collaborations between Nucleai and biopharma (large pharma and biotech).
The member of the team will drive forward Nucleai’s strategic vision of becoming the leading spatial biology platform for drug research, development, and commercialization. This vision starts in pharma, serving as a platform for biomarker discovery, patient selection/stratification and CDx development, and ends as a diagnostic tool in the hands of physicians and pathologists, deployed through a variety of distribution channels.
In this role, you will be expected to establish new relationships, develop existing relationships, and drive revenue generating opportunities as well as long-term partnerships that support Nucleai’s vision. More specifically, this role will commercialize Nucleai’s offering to executive-level (SVP, EVP, etc.) and senior-level (Director, VP) personnel in translational medicine, clinical development, and precision medicine teams.
What you’ll do:
- Identify, structure, and execute deals with pharma and other key industry players
- Build existing customer relationships into multi-year, multi-million-dollar agreements.
- Understand and navigate decision makers, influencers, and project-level personnel to achieve multi-tiered customer relationships
- Work closely with Product and Ops teams to evaluate business opportunities, define offering/solution and deliver high quality proposals
- Influence Nucleai’s commercial strategy and vision
- Understand the unique challenges of implementing digital pathology / AI-powered assays into clinical development programs and influence these decisions in translational and precision medicine programs.
- Generate and negotiate contracts, including deal terms, pricing, IP terms, among other business/legal items
- Continued alliance management for executed programs to ensure and monitor client satisfaction as well as identify further areas of collaboration opportunities
Specific qualifications include:
- Able to build relationships and execute deals across all levels within R&D and commercial teams at leading pharmaceutical companies
- Experience building strategic partnerships with organizations of varying size and stage, preferably in the life sciences / precision medicine industry.
- Strategic thinker who possesses solid business judgement and the ability to identify and evaluate risk and opportunity at the scientific, development and regulatory levels
- Entrepreneurial mindset – proactive, persistent, collaborative, and excited to tackle a wide range of new topics
- Able to work cross functionally and tightly manage a pre-deal process.
- Strong network and proven track record in selling to the pharmaceutical industry
- Position is based in the US.
Apply for this position